Monday, June 4, 2007

SamePlace Suite, an xmpp4moz->Gtalk example

- They've got a gtalk client add-ons for Firefox called SamePlace Suite
- It adds a panel to the left of firefox.
- hide panel by pressing F12.
- They have a Monopoly-like game using xmpp4moz+google map!
- demo video
- I didn't set it as auto-login, therefor every time an instance of Firefox is launching, it prompt me for password. Eg: TAG a url into del.icio.us, when a window popup
- Will keep on active as long as xmpp4moz is enabled.
- Solution: since I need xmpp4moz for development purpose, I must unistall SamePlace for now to avoid annoyance.
- Interesting fact: I failed to load a website, while connected via SamePlace. Reload a few times, still fails. Then I disconnect from SamePlace, then reload, at its OK. Might be some issues here.

2 comments:

mersing said...

The xmpp4moz app with the monopoly is quite amazing.

H said...

I agree, we can organize users so that they are in different country/region, and the can sort of "travel" from one country to another, once TrueTalk is integrated with Google Maps.