Thursday, May 31, 2007

Java2Script

Its a great tool for Java expert to simply convert their existing java app into web-based app. We can easily use SWT (Standard Windows Toolkit), to create the UI part.

I've tried the J2S with 2 apps. the 1st one is a simple, console-based HELLO WORLD java app and 2nd one is the HELLO WORLD app using SWT. Both can be run successfully using Eclipse.

After that, I tried running both apps as J2S app. The simple (non-SWT) app run OK, but not the one using SWT. I've checked SWT version, the J2S, all docs and tutorial on the net, but to no avail. I even post on their google groups but there are still no response. Here's a screeen shot of the error:



I'm not sure where "Line: 25" refers to, as there are certainly less than 25 lines in my codes. It maybe part of the loader that is trying to load the supposedly created .js file.

I found out that, for the non-SWT app, J2S has converted it's code into a .js file. But there is no .js file for the app with SWT. There maybe clashes between those 2 libraries. Posted this issue in their group too.

I'm sure its an error related to my IDE, but I'm still trying to rectify it.

No comments: