Thursday, May 31, 2007

Office Charges / Rents

Even though this is out of the topic :P It's a good fact to know about how office spaces are being charged.

I have the privilege of setting up my own office for my Industrial Training. Now, I don't think there ever a student who need to setup their own office for IT. It is a very good life experience.

According to Mr. Shahril, rents are assigned according to the office logistics. Here's a list:
  • Mersing : RM0.25/sqft
  • TM Tower: RM1.25/sqft
  • KLCC: RM6 - RM8/sqft
  • PJ: TBA :D
Each employee requires about 100-150 sqft of area which includes
bathroom & common areas. So if there is an office of 10 people, you need about 1000 - 1500 sq ft of space.
And the total amount should be Room size x price/sqft.

For the office in PJ, I think the space the provide me is around 8x8 ft, enough for a PC table and a chair. There are 2 more tables and chair set in the other side of the room, I'm not sure whether there are people there.

No comments: